3.18.2003



Cool World



Ignoring all caveats about Electronic Arts' PS2 version of The Sims, not living up to the PC version, (which i've never played anyway so how would i know the difference), i purchased the game at Sears downtown only to discover the disc could not be read by my Playstation. Five days later i went to return it and get a working copy and had the following exchange with a salesclerk:

me: "i would like to exchange this."
Salesclerk "We don't take back games."
me: "um... yes, you do."
Salesclerk "Hey, other salesclerk do we take back games?"
Other Salesclerk"No. Not after they're opened."
me: "??"
Other Salesclerk"You can exchange it, but only for the same title."
me: "well, yeah!"
Salesclerk"You can exchange it, but I don't think we have this one."
me: "??"

Well, ultimately i got a new copy and took it home and of course that one didn't work either. So i suppose their entire stock is bad. I don't think there is another Sears store readily located within my sphere of influence so the next course of action on this issue has yet to be determined.

Hey, what do you want? At least i didn't use the word paradigm.