1.22.2004



New Favorite




Perhaps I had been somewhat avoiding it, but I've only just now accessed the iTunes Music Store.

I bought two songs:

"Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World"
performed by: Israel Kamakawiwo'ole

and

"Bears" by Lyle Lovett

I also bought two albums:

"Stop Making Sense (Special Edition)" - Talking Heads
"Exile in Guyville" - Liz Phair

I had not heard "Exile in Guyville" since I was in High School, but it's still a very good record, exceptional even. The project of making Liz Phair over to be more like Avril Lavigne, or someone of that ilk, seems even more bizarre to me now because I had forgotten how interesting her song writing used to be.

What I was really looking for was the song "Babe, I'm On Fire" by Nick Cave. The iTunes store had every song on that album, Nocturama, but would not sell the one I wanted individually. I would have had to buy the entire album to get the one song, which is what I was trying to avoid by going online in the first place. And yet, I continued to browse...

Well, my unofficial second favorite band in the world is on Soundstage tonight at 9 on Channel 11. The show is shot in HD and it looks great, (yes, even on a CRT television) not to mention the great music by a truly great band. Of course, I'll be at work so I won't be able to watch it. Today would be a good day to have TiVo.