1.20.2004



Electioneering




Is Howard Dean an underdog again? Because if so, I'm back on the bandwagon. He peaked too soon, but still it's time to re-evaluate the campaign strategy. I refuse to vote for anyone that does not plan to repeal the Bush tax cuts. The deficit is the greatest threat to our country.


I think the Chicago Sun-Times was acquired by the brothers from the movie "Trading Places," but I'm not sure.

I'm confused:

"f that deal goes through as planned, the Barclay brothers would wind up with ownership of Hollinger Inc., the Canadian company that, through super-majority voting rights, had control of Hollinger International, the American company that owns The Daily Telegraph of London, as well as The Chicago Sun-Times and The Jerusalem Post.

The deal calls for the Barclays to pay the equivalent of $326 million to buy the controlling stake in Hollinger Inc. held by the Ravelston Corporation, a holding company and to buy the public shares of the Canadian company."


I need a flow chart.

I'm looking forward to the State of the Union address, aren't you? It's always a fun time.