12.19.2003



Scrooged



Please don't feel left out if you find that you have not made my Christmas card list this year. I don't have a Christmas card list. I don't even have Christmas cards. I have come to the realization that what Christmas means to me, alpha charlie bravo, 4th grade, is the imposition of a series of unwanted obligations which, like all obligations, are to be carefully avoided.

Today is December 19th and I have accomplished no holiday related tasks.
I have done no shopping, no decorating, no holiday greeting or holiday themed cooking, no mix cd of holiday MP3's; and I have yet to develop any significant interest in these activities. I may very well find myself on Christmas Eve scavenging for gifts and not being able to acquire what I really wanted to give because I have not taken full advantage of the market and technology.

Well, perhaps it is not too late for me to change my ways. Maybe I'll open my window and toss a few shillings to a boy passing by on the street and ask him to bring back a Christmas goose.