12.22.2003



Fleur de Lys




This is why America is better than France and is the best damn country in the world, dammit!

Alright, now that that's out of the way, I've been reading the transcript from the President's big post capture Tv interview last week.
Now, I have heard it suggested that American political satire is in decline. Perhaps this is true. After all, we have a government that is satire incarnate.

Once again, I offer you the poetry of Donald Rumsfeld as evidence of this.

But, if you would like further evidence, consider this exchange from the ABC interview with Diane Sawyer:

D.S.
"But let me try to ask...Vice President Cheney said there is no doubt, Saddam Hussein has weapons of mass destruction... But stated as a hard fact, that there were weapons of mass destruction as opposed to the possibility that he could move to acquire those weapons..."

G.W.B.
"So what's the difference?"


Tell me, how could it be possible to satirize a man who doesn't believe there is a substantive difference between something that exists in fact and something that could potentially exist in the future.

I could, potentially, be a woman.
But I am not.
I think those two conditions are significantly different. But, maybe I'm wrong.

Also, there is some speculation that Saddam Hussein was not hiding when he was captured, but actually being held prisoner in exchange for the $25m. reward.