12.24.2003



Santa Claus, Go Straight to the Ghetto



I have shopping to do. But I don't mind. I like having definitive Christmas related activities scheduled for Christmas Eve.

I have compiled a small collection of Christmas music featuring the James Brown classic from which this post takes its title, also Urban Therapy's favorite Christmas song, "This Christmas" sung by Donny Hathaway and my favorite holiday song at the moment, "Father Christmas" by The Kinks which contains the chorus: "Father Christmas, give us some money! Don't mess around with those silly toys, we'll beat you up if you don't hand it over, give all the toys to the little rich boys."

That was a long sentence.

Well, have yourself a merry little Christmas.
I'll be looking under the tree for that Lexus with a bow on it tomorrow and I'm sure you will be too.

Unless, of course you're Jewish.
In which case, may you find your Lexus under the Menorah.