2.19.2004

I got a great parking spot yesterday and yet no one was around to witness my glory.

Memory is a strange thing, isn't it. Or at least my memory is. I am expected to know by rote 41 job methods for work. It is someone's occupation this week to test me and others on this knowledge. Knowing the 41 methods means memorizing 101 lines of text. Of course, many of these lines contain redundant concepts that are worded in eight different ways and some of them just don't make sense at all. To my complete surprise I was able to recite 100 of 101 from memory--99% effective.

I can't remember what I was doing 5 minutes ago, but I can remember 100 lines of text that I memorized 6 months ago. Now the problem is, it's an all or nothing test--pass/fail--you get 100% or you take it again. Knowing that my previous feat of memory was a freak event, I'm essentially refusing to retake the test. So, we'll see what happens.

But, I do remember when Gary Barnett was the football coach at NU. Frankly, he was a distraction. He was a man, he was a man and he was terrible, just awful.