10.03.2003



Higher Learning



In spite of the fact that I was hired over a month ago for the position, I, due to the delays of institutional bureaucracy, will not begin my reign of terror as an accounting tutor for one of the City Colleges of Chicago until next week.
Didn't know I was an accounting whiz did ya? Ok, I'm not. However, I did apply exclusively for the position, which post hoc, ergo propter hoc makes me exclusively qualified for the position. From what I understand, the position requires me to sit in a room for five hours and do nothing; which I would happily do anyway at home, without pay. Eventually, I hope to work out an arrangement whereby I actually just stay home. Such an arrangement would be so much more convenient for me and hassle free for my employer. In any case, I am proud to join the ranks of the noble educators who, through generous and altruistic endeavors spread learning to the supple minds of America.

Here is a sample topic from my internal discourse: a little earlier, I was considering the relationship between the Tenacious D song "Tribute" and the painting The Flaying of Marsyas by the Italian Renaissance painter Titian. There is one, you know. By the way, and I've been wanting to mention this for a while, have you ever noticed that Frank Lloyd Wright's furniture looks a lot like Mies van der Rohe's buildings? Alright. I'm done now.