7.10.2009

If you've got 40 minutes of your life you don't know what to do with and you want to listen to some music you may not have heard before, I've got a little podcast that I'm calling:

Buried Treasures

Yeah, I know: original

It's various stuff from various times in modern history. Various. There's nothing "urban" here. Take that as you will. I'm considering a separate "urban" buried treasures podcast, but for now, it is what it is.


Editor's Note
: Obviously, when referring to the Billy Bragg & Wilco albums, I meant to say Mermaid Avenue and Mermaid Avenue Vol. II. Also, I'd like to apologize to Joanna Newsom for referring to her as a "harp playing elf." I'm not sure exactly whether she's an elf or a sprite or a faerie, but I'm pretty sure they're all part of the same genus.


Playlist:

1. Get Out Get Out Get Out
Jason Molina

2. Snakes and Ladders
Basia Bulat

3. G.P.T.
Martha Wainwright

4. Walt Whitman's Niece
Billy Bragg & Wilco

5. At The Hop
Devendra Banhart

6. Sprout and the Bean
Joanna Newsom

7. Melt Your Heart
Jenny Lewis With The Watson Twins

8. Black Cab
Jens Lekman

9. When Your Mind's Made Up
Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova

10.What You Want
John Butler Trio