11.30.2004

There really is something about this time of year that compels me to shop. Although, it seems I'm really only interested in shopping for myself: I bought two pairs of shoes and a sweater, and there's a jacket coming through the mail.
I love the holidays!

(Shoes seem to be very important to me. I think when I started to develop a semblance of a personal clothing style, it began with shoes. Once I found the right pair of shoes, everything else followed. I discovered I needed to acquire clothes that justified the shoes. Such is my "epistemology of fashion." But, perhaps I simply have a peculiar relationship with one kind of apparel.)

I discovered, after I bought the sweater, that my mom was planning to give me the same sweater for Christmas. So I think I should subjugate my navel gazing for a bit and focus on others.

This seems like a good time for one of those blog queries that begs for audience participation. You know, the kind where the blogger puts the burden of content creation on the reader. So what do you want for Christmas? And what is your epistemology of fashion?