11.09.2004

I should probably write something here...
I have about a half dozen intended emails I haven't sent out to people, so not only am I neglecting the imaginary general public on this blog, but I'm also neglecting my personal relationships, which is what I do.

Well, there's been a lot of incoherent babbling on this page the past week so let me put myself into perspective:
There are, as far as I am able to discern, only three reasons someone would disagree with my point of view on matters of public policy.

1) A person is misinformed, uninformed or prejudiced.
2) A person has goals for public policy that are in conflict with my desired outcome for society.
3) A person shares the same goals, but has disagreement about how to achieve those goals.

Of those three, I believe the category that includes the smallest number of people is 2. I am somewhat less certain of this given the events of last week, but I still suspect that most of us share common goals as individuals and by extension as a polity.

So, what I would like to do is engage in a dialogue with those who disagree with my positions on public policy. This is probably not the best place to engage in this kind of discourse, so other methods can be found.