5.20.2004

I'm surprised that everyone came out unequivocally against torture. I had expected a little more nuance.

For the record:

Torture is illegal and is at least for that reason unacceptable. Allowing it under any circumstance or program or status configuration destroys any moral framework that would condemn torture, making any prohibition against the practice useless.

An interview with Colin Powell would be well worth watching if he had anythng worthwhile to say, which, since he does not seem to be involved in shaping policy, he does not. So that lovely palm tree will do nicely, thank you Emily.

A Kerry/McCain ticket would work for me. Kerry/Anybody Else maybe not so much. Although, since it's been mentioned, McCain/Kerry might be better. A crossover ticket might be able to overcome some of this partisan polarization that makes it nearly impossible to even have a rational political discourse in this country--except, of course, here.

I have more, but I don't want to give you too much to read. After all, I have a lovely sardonic post about Fox's The Swan down there, which no one seems to have noticed. Or, perhaps you were too busy engaging in rational political discourse: "torture bad, tree good."

And now, as always, I leave you with a gruesome image:



Hey cheer up guy, at least you weren't killed in Saddam Hussein's Iraq. You're free now!