7.07.2003



Firecracker



Just imagine how much quieter the 4th of July would be without the Chinese.

I'm going to give you a much needed break from my political commentary, but check this interview of the author of the article Supremacy by Stealth in the Atlantic Monthly and tell me what you think about it.

I've been listening to The Mars Volta and I've watched I Am Trying to Break Your Heart. Wilco and The Mars Volta have something unique in common: they're both one of two quality off-shoots from other bands. When the band Uncle Tupelo broke up, two of its former members, Jeff Tweedy and Jay Farrar, formed Wilco and Son Volt, respectively. The band At the Drive-In split into Sparta and The Mars Volta. Can you think of any other examples when one act split-up to become two separate acts that could each hold their own?