6.11.2003



Le Grand Tango



It's always exciting to get new furniture isn't it. I ordered a futon (ah! the versatile comfort) via the internet (my how easy it is to buy stuff when there's a mouse in your hand). I assembled it myself so if it falls apart I'm suing me. Other significant purchases may be coming soon. I've been sneaking peeks at guitars (most people probably stick to one instrument they can't play, but not me) and i've been hearing how prarie dogs are good investments as pets.

And also I want to thank Tower for putting Gidon Kremer's Homage a Piazzolla in the Piazzolla section where I found it easily. I always imagine that it's a bit trippy for the guy at the classical music counter, who in appearances at least is an afficionado, to see me walking up, compact disc in hand and then discover that it isn't Mozart or Beethoven that i'm probably "trying out," but Piazzolla or Mahler or Satie or even Steve Reich, signifying that i'm so beyond the typical "i'm educated now so i should listen to classical music" experimentation. I'm hardcore. I like minimalism. But in reality, I just skipped over Bach and went straight to Mahler. Who needs Brahams when you can listen to Satie? And nothing makes you seem more esoteric than popping in a Steve Reich recording.