4.07.2003



Tanto Tempo



Why was i wading through snow this morning? And where the hell is my atm card? I should have stayed embedded.
I had completely forgotten about daylight savings time yesterday, but the only clock i really ever look at is the clock on my VCR which is set to do DST automatic for the people, so i knew the right time even though i was caught unawares on the time change. That is of course, until i got out of the house and looked at my watch and had no idea what time it was.

There are times when one is struck by a mysterious and compelling desire for a particular food. I myself may only consume 'freedom' toast only a few times a year, but if i don't i may not be able to maintain the functional level of mental instability that is fundamental to my existence. (Mmm... freedom.) Perhaps this is overstating the matter. But recently i had such an experience, strangely enough, with guacamole. I acquired an inexplicable and irrepressible urge for guacamole, all the while not being entirely certain that i even enjoy guacamole. I was unable to find any guacamole at the local Jewel (i realize it's the ghetto, but even so, guacamole is fundamental) to which i had made a special trip just to procure the elusive condiment. However it is not uncommon for me to stop at the Chipotle on Jackson downtown on a Saturday afternoon, in fact is uncommon for me not to stop there on a Saturday afternoon, so i purchased some chips and guacamole with my order. After successfully attriting the burrito force i set my crosshairs on the chips. I would eat some and mutter contemplatively, "mmm... guacamole." Then i would eat some more and think, "eckh, guacamole." I had the expericence of both liking and disliking it in real time as i consumed it. Now, at this retrospective juncture, my attitude toward it is more favorable than unfavorable, but who knows what will happen the next time i have a strange culinary urge.