12.17.2005

I like to put on the radio to sleep. Usually, I'll listen to the BBC radio feed through iTunes, but if I'm too tired or lazy to go to the computer, I'll put on 24 hour sports talk because I prefer sleeping to talk or news rather than music.

Well, there's this infomercial style radio program that comes on every Saturday morning. It's deceptive in sleep because it sounds like benign football talk at first, but then every two minutes someone is imploring you to "Call my 800 number for guaranteed winners this weekend!" It's the second most annoying thing of all time to hear through one's sleep. Second only to NPR's "Car Talk." God, I hate them.

But on the plus side, when since got home from work at 12:45 am and I had to get up at 8am to go back to work, being annoyed into waking is the only way to get me out of bed.

Bah humbug, motherfuckers!