4.09.2004

Weightless Again

The post that got misplaced last night was a strange rambling tome about cookies, yo-yo's and Leila Josefowicz. None of those topics have anything to do with each other, but as I recall, there was some lovely diction in the text. And this paragraph has nothing to do with the paragraph that follows:

I was driving home tonight contemplating dinner. My gut told me I should contrive a sensible meal so I can eat and go to bed comfortably at a reasonable hour. My dopamine receptors told me I should acquire two McRib sandwiches and stay up until at least 4am 'surfing the net' and playing PS2. Well, the only people who ignore their dopamine receptors are recovering substance abusers; and Bill is no friend of mine. So here I am.

But with it being Good Friday now, I won't eat meat for another 22 1/2 hours.

If I have nothing better to do on this Holy Weekend, I may indulge in some false cinematic piety and catch a screening of the "Jesus Chainsaw Massacre."

I really wish I had some cookies and yo-yo right now.