9.26.2003



I Saw The Figure 5 in Gold



Have I mentioned that now that I have a Power Mac G5 and an unexpectedly fast DSL connection I no longer have need of the following:



  • Sleep

  • Food

  • Public Library Computers

  • Love



Now, I've been on the internet before. I've been on the internet a lot. I invented the internet. No, wait that was DARPA. But, anyway the internet is not at all unfamiliar to me. But, when I connected for the first time with my own Gucci machine to my own high speed connection, I felt some sort of new power. To paraphrase Homer Simpson: "Like God must feel, when he connects to the internet." What more then do I need besides a twisted pair cable and my silver machine.

We still have a bit of catching up to do, you, you, you and me. But for now I have repaired the interface you'll notice. Still the same template, but a little neater. It feels good to throw away old code. But I still can't see the links. Mouse over here.See what I mean? Invisible links.

And I'm serious about being able to redeem points from useless acb trivia for a prize. What prize and when it will be awarded, I have yet to determine. But, play! I'll try to make them not so easily googleable. This one's easy though: Who originally saw the "figure 5 in gold" and where did he see it? No one's answered the previous question correctly yet either, so it's still open.