2.15.2006

If I were the Vice President and I shot a guy in the face (accidentally of course), immediately after the ambulance that hovers within 100 feet of me at all times speeds away with the victim of my carelessness, I put in a call to the office and I say, "Umm... you're going to need to put out a press release." What I wouldn't do is pretend like nothing happened and make indifference toward a simple accident look like a deliberate cover-up of a nefarious deed.

But hey, I'm not the shadowy overlord of the empire, so I guess my point of view is just a little different.

What's even stranger is the way the VP's office has stonewalled the White House. I actually feel sympathy for Scott McClellan. He's been thrown under the bus by the guy who's supposed to be a subordinate to his boss.

Choose your weapon: