2.08.2005

Is it wrong to contemplate unemployment as a lifestyle choice?

I look like I've been in a fight. The second knuckle on my left hand is bright red where a piece of metal scraped off some of my skin. My bottom lip is swollen and discolored from the stupid recoil impact that results from trying to move an object with more force than is necessary. I may be forced to admit that I am accident prone.

I would be thoroughly excited about the fact that Low is playing at the Metro this weekend with Pedro the Lion if it were not on Friday and if it were not the case that I will be at work while those two bands are entertaining.

And so I wonder if this Super Bowl commercial zeitgeist is reaching its nadir. It seems more and more that advertisers aren't doing anything special. Seldom do you see the launch of a new product or advertising campaign.

Also, this just in: Charlie Chaplin = genius.