3.18.2004

Love and Basketball

The NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament is my favorite sporting event, especially the first two rounds. It's better than the Super Bowl, the World Series, the Olympics. I love the upsets, the close calls, the unsung heroes and the rising stars. It's fun to discover players with crazy hair, like Wesley Stokes (see below), or great names, like God Shammgod.

I don't think I've watched a single college basketball game in its entirety this year, and yet my excitement is not in the least diminished.
However, I won't be able to see any of the games today. As a matter of fact I'm not watching basketball right now, which allowed me the opportunity to fill out my brackets. My brackets are truly inspired. Of course they're completely wrong, but nevertheless inspired.

So who's in your Final Four?
And what are you not doing right now?


Wesley Stokes